Hope & Gloria - Sewing Inspiration for Children

Hope & Gloria - Sewing Inspiration for Children
Happy Mother's Day UK

Friday, August 1, 2014

Laundry Room Mission

Thankfully life is too short to match pairs of socks, well as far as I am concerned it is. Unfortunately, this seems to be the opinion of the four men in my life and the shelf in our laundry room is disappearing under a sea of socks which is added to each time the tumble dryer is emptied. It has become a Mexican stand off of sorts in our house. 

Call me lazy if you will, but I am perfectly happy with my solution - my fabric sock box/tidy. The men in the household can head to the same place to retrieve their socks but now they are kept tidily in one place instead of being strewn across the room.


This is my second project from the list of summer "to-dos". It is made from spare fabric so didn't cost anything extra to make and the label is embroidered on to a scrap of aida. It is both pretty and functional and I for one am feeling like a highly organised domestic goddess (sort of....). Happy Friday Everyone. xx

No comments:

Post a Comment