Hope & Gloria - Sewing Inspiration for Children

Hope & Gloria - Sewing Inspiration for Children
Happy Mother's Day UK

Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Decking The Walls....



Wow! What a busy few weeks it's been.

I can't believe it's only ten days until Christmas and I am in a major panic about last minute present shopping as well as food shopping, wrapping presents and so on and so forth like everyone at this time of the year.

As usual in November/December I have had to severely curtail my plans for Christmas makes, both in terms of making gifts and also decorations for our home. This year my note to self is to begin making for Christmas in September (at least),  if I want everything to come together as planned and for now many if my Christmas project ideas will remain as ideas for the foreseeable future. 

However, this fabric wall hanging is one project that I can proudly tick of my list and is now adorning the wall in our hallway.

Back in the Summer I made this quilted cushion to exhibit at the Egham and Chertsey Shows.


I loved the fabric and held on to the few leftover pieces in case they came in handy for future projects. My Christmas Tree wall-hanging was inspired by one that I saw on the front cover of issue 37 of Homemaker Magazine and as soon as I saw it I knew that this was the perfect project to put my cushion leftovers to use. 

There was just enough fabric left to make the required twenty eight padded triangles and I was relieved to find just enough red buttons in my mix and match button box to sew them all together. 

The star on the top was from a set of Nordic wooden buttons that I bought last year that I was delighted to find in the bottom of a drawer - I knew they would come in handy one day!





No comments:

Post a Comment