Hope & Gloria - Sewing Inspiration for Children

Hope & Gloria - Sewing Inspiration for Children
Happy Mother's Day UK

Thursday, December 24, 2015

Wonderful Woolly Christmas


 This year I have seriously re-ignited my passion for knitting. I first picked up my knitting needles in February following a long long break. We launched our first knitting club after Easter, so I began working on simple projects for this.

It really didn't take very long for the knitting bug to take over and I have been knitting ever since amongst the many sewing projects I have worked on this year.

Knitting is great because it is so portable. It's really easy to sit and knit whilst watching television of an evening and this is when most of my knitted projects take shape as most of my daytime is spent designing sewing projects or running the business/family.

I have had tonnes of fun in the run up to Christmas making decorations to sell at our charity knit and natter event. Our whole family fell in love with the knitted decorations and couldn't help feeling slightly sad as they were sold to make money for The Big Issue Foundation, so since the end of November I have been in a knitting frenzy to make more knitted creations for our home.

Here are some of the decorations that I have made over the past month. If you fancy making some, I'd recommend an online search as there are plenty of free Christmas patterns to be found. My decorations are now hanging on a white twig tree in my workroom. They look super-cute and I can't wait to make more of them next year!



A cute little tree!


Frosty!


Boots For An Elf


Christmas Pud


Mittens For Santa - He'll need them tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment